Re: Python inheritance

Hi William,
I don't know precisely but in case it can help I would raise that the main
difference between step() and run() is Py_BEGIN_ALLOW_THREADS, at least if
O.run(...,wait=True).
Do you have the same problem with and without "wait"?

Simply passing to c++ a python expression (just a string with python
commands) or a python function returning a value - instead of a derived
class object - could be a simple workaround maybe.

Bruno

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 at 10:56, William Chèvremont <
william.chevremont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> @Janek
>
> Yes, I'm aware of the doc about subclassing types in python. There are
> no problem about that, since it works when calling O.step() instead of
> O.run().
>
> @Anton
>
> The complete backtrace is attached to this mail. Functions of interests
> are around line 400.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> William
>

> On 07/10/2019 18:19, Janek Kozicki (yade) wrote:
> > Only a quick question to make sure - you have read
> https://yade-dem.org/doc/prog.html#subclassing-c-types-in-python in
> documentation?
> >

> > best regards
> > Janek