Re: Initial Ubuntu port wikipage

Hi Ilya, Marc

> so there is no code for ac100 that I wrote and know its usefull.
> >
> > maby trying to load it after fastboot (not in place of) would give more
> > success.
>
> I also tried a port a few month ago. It basicly booted (including LCD) but
> at
> that time I had no serial console (now I have ;-). I failed to get a
> working
> config for the latest u-boot-next tree on chromium.org. Maybe you have
> some
> hint. I'm willing to test it using the serial console once I get it
> compiled.

Do you guys have the code somewhere for others to test?
Marc, do you mean keyboard support for UBoot is not even attempted? Serial
console
is not readily available on the AC100 :)

> You indeed need to load fastboot first which initialized the LCD. If we can
> get
> u-boot going that way, it would be a step in the right direction.

Can you detail what are the various scenarios in which UBoot can run? The
one I think is most user friendly is having
it flashed to part 6 and booted by fastboot. I do not know very well how the
onboard bootloader works, this is what I understand so far:

There's a fastboot instance in the EBT partition(?) (which behaves
differently in Android 2.1 and 2.2) that checks part 6 (and 5) for a valid
abootimg then loads it.
UBoot could be put in such an abootimg and optionally offer interactive
booting.

UBoot could also be run in another mode for development, out of RAM, but I
am not sure how that would involve nvflash and fastboot. Download fastboot
as we do now for reading/writing partitions but then sending it commands to
load another image in RAM and start it?

Jani