Re: Latest marvin24 patches, any sound and suspend?

Hi Gilles,

Am Montag 08 August 2011, 21:30:35 schrieb Gilles Grandou:
> Le 08/08/2011 21:21, Marc Dietrich a écrit :
> > Hi Nicolás,
> >
> > Am Montag 08 August 2011, 20:52:23 schrieb Nicolás Wolovick:
> >> Have anyone tried the latest marvin24's chromeos-ac100-2.6.38 branch?
> >> Does it make sound&  suspend work?
> >>

> >> Best, Nicolás
> >
> > no they don't :-(
> >
> > ... and I cannot make this happen alone ...
>
> Well,
>
>  From what I know, suspend actually works ;)
>
> I've posted a console dump of the kernel going to suspend a few weeks ago.
>
> well, almost, It's just that:
> 1- EC does not put itself in suspend mode, this is why you don't see the
> power led blinking.

mmh, I think I added some suspend code to the ec driver:

static int tegra_nvec_suspend(struct platform_device *pdev, pm_message_t state)
{
        struct nvec_chip *nvec = platform_get_drvdata(pdev);

        dev_dbg(nvec->dev, "suspending\n");
        nvec_write_async(nvec, EC_DISABLE_EVENT_REPORTING, 3);
        nvec_write_async(nvec, "\x04\x02", 2);
        nvec_disable_i2c_slave(nvec);

        return 0;
}

static int tegra_nvec_resume(struct platform_device *pdev)
{
        struct nvec_chip *nvec = platform_get_drvdata(pdev);

        dev_dbg(nvec->dev, "resuming\n");
        tegra_init_i2c_slave(nvec);
        nvec_write_async(nvec, EC_ENABLE_EVENT_REPORTING, 3);

        return 0;
}

not sure if it's enough.

> 2- I don't know about voltage regulators status, but it's likely that
> the cpu is still powered up.

looking at harmony/seaboard, they make heavy use of the regulators (e.g. to
switch off), but for ac100 everything seems to be magicly controlled by the ec.

> 3- linked to 1, there is no wakeup event to resume the CPU.

I think this needs a deeper review (especially check against ec_odm.c and
paz00_diag.c

> I've some very minor fixes in a gitorious branch, but 1-3 still needs to
> be understood and done...

cool! I will happily merge everything which improves the situtation.

Marc