Re: zram, suspend,

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Christian Stöveken <
christian.stoeveken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. Can someone confirm zram isn't working using the setup files from the
> wiki page
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/TEGRA/AC100#Installer
> although the wiki states it is:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/TEGRA/AC100#Kernel

I confirm, I had to manually put
zramswap.conf<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/TEGRA/AC100?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=zramswap.conf>into
/etc/init in order to make it work.

2. Is the AC100 supposed to wakeup from standby when pressing the power
> button?
> (for me it wakes up using space but not power button)

No, but there are some proposed patches to do that.
I also report that suspend works flawlessly with framebuffer video driver,
but using nvidia-tegra makes it fail 1 out of 3 times approximately.

> 3. I can confirm the wlan fix from http://lins.me/ac100/fixing_wifi.htmlfor the 10V
> (I tried extensively changing wlan settings wpa/wpa2, b/g/b+g/g+n,
> different channels
> on an Easybox 802 before applying the "fix")
>
> 4. What needs to be done to incorporate working screen brightness/audio
> buttions in the build?
>
> 5. If you need someone testing builds ... I have a 10V and some time to
> spare.
>
> 6. What are NILFS2 benefits over ext4 on EMMC?

I've read in the #ac100 it performs better, however, the NILFS2 low level
data structures on disk are not stable, therefore, a new incoming kernel
can change them, and the act of updating could make your installation
unusable.

> Thanks to all of you who made this possible.

+1

Best, Nico