Re: Kernel update request

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 22:11, Marc Dietrich <marvin24@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 05 December 2011 18:40:17 Jani Monoses wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Some users reported about issue with headphones in 1001 kernel. Mark
> > > commited a lot of fixes and improvements for sound, wifi, etc...
> > >
> > > I think it is a good time to build new kernel package for Oneric.
> > > Do we need all commits between dc61519 and HEAD or we must select
> > > individual commits for merge?
> > The minimal set of commits that fix the issue the users are having.
> > Also describing that issue in more detail is necessary in order to
> > justify the upload and to have something meaningful in the changelog.
>
> maybe Leon knows better what is needed to fix headphones.
It will be hard to find "the fixes" in the last two months we updated
and pushed codec to mainline standard. It required from us to backport
regmap implementation (was introduced between 3.0 and 3.1 trees) to
correctly work with SoC cache (sound after suspend) and backport ASoC
infrastructure for bugfixes.

--
Leon Romanovsky | Independent Linux Consultant
        www.leon.nu | leon@xxxxxxx