Re: 1001 kernel

hi,
On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:31:23 +0100
Roberto Fietta <maxroby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all, I re-installed a clean version of Oneiric on my AC100,
> enabled the proposed repository bat i cannot find 1001 kernel
> image... What's the best way to find/install it? And for the
> proprietary drivers, it's right to use /deb
> http://people.debian.org/~jak/ac100/ unreleased main non-free/ source
> or is there a better way?

there is no kernel in proposed, and you should not enable proposed on a
system you dont want to break over time, proposed is the repo where
packages get tested (and often fail this, i.e. break) before they get
moved to -updates. make sure to have the -updates repo enabled
instead ...

update-manager will start pulling in updates after a week after
installation by default (it is like that on every ubuntu system since
several years) if you want them earlier, just start update-manager
manually from the little gear icon on the top right of your desktop...

ciao
	oli