Re: [Question #206816]: Which video players are known to be usable or not to be usable on Toshiba AC100 (in Ubuntu 12.04)?

Question #206816 on AC100_enablement changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/206816

Ivan Zakharyaschev confirmed that the question is solved:
In general,

* the default movie player (totem) doesn't play all videos very well: it
can get stuck or some other problems (video is skipped, or audio is
echoed).

* vlc can't show anything at all (it has to be killed afterwards:
killall vlc)

* gnome-mplayer seemed more stable in how it works, but it can hang (get
stuck) unexpectedly. Then I could restart it (after, perhaps, killing
the mplayer process)

* another frontend to MPlayer, smplayer, works even better than gnome-
mplayer: it never gets stuck (but the playback of MP4 is horrible: the
video is delayed more and more, the audio goes faster than the video --
http://askubuntu.com/a/180541/19753 )

This is true for the default settings of smplayer; after I tweaked them,
it stopped working (crashes). But it still works under another user with
untouched settings.

* gxine was best for MP4 playback (no problems at all!) --
http://askubuntu.com/a/180541/19753; but I haven't tested it much, and
it seems it started to crash on startup for me for some unknown reason,
and it causes the panels on the desktop crash, too, which is not nice.
(Although it used to be not like this a week ago...)

So, I'd recommend smplayer or gxine.

As for the specific task of opening a DVD stored in a directory,
smplayer works fine -- http://askubuntu.com/a/180554/19753 .

AC100 Team, which is an answer contact for AC100_enablement.