Re: image changes in ubuntu quantal (12.10)

Anyone enough skilled could be able to switch the desktop environment after
installation. For some users just installing it would be a great pain so I
think it will be better starting with a most user-friendly environment,
instead adding pain to pain.

Consider that AC100 is piratically useless with original OS which is
designed for tablets and not for netbooks with keyboard instead
touchscreen. So many users need to replace their OS even if they would not
be comfortable with this operation (most users do not change their OS even
on PC for which is much more simpler).

Obviously depend on the aim of the project if it is interesting to have a
small/skilled user-base or a much broad user-base. The second of
two hypotheses seems to me more reasonable otherwise it did not started
with Ubuntu but something more harder to manage but much more lighter also
in term of operative system.

Moreover keeping the way of user-friendly approach increase (the small
probability) that in the future Toshiba decide to deploy this OS instead
android - AFAIK Toshiba did not discontinued the production of AC100 or did
they?