Re: [Question #208063]: Which Jabber/GoogleTalk client (with audio&video) is the best fit for AC100? (most lightweight)

Question #208063 on AC100_enablement changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/208063

Gordan Bobic proposed the following answer:
On 09/09/2012 11:01 AM, turbooster wrote:
> Question #208063 on AC100_enablement changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/208063
>
> turbooster proposed the following answer:
> Also for reducing memory pressure is UKSM (Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging) http://kerneldedup.org/ (site is in Chinese, some parts are translated), video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQr0LQVn1os .
> I've compiled a kernel with it but am not too sure how to meassure the usefulness. All I can say for now is that it's stable and doesn't use too much CPU. Also see http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTEzMTI
> (If anybody happens to know how to read the statistics at /sys/kernel/mm/uksm/ be sure to contact me :P)

Sounds similar to what I was thinking about when I proposed this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg35817.html

Only what I proposed was simpler and non-intrusive, just would require
setting a LD_PRELOAD as the first line of rc.sysinit.

Benefit of it is somewhat questionable, though, unless you have a big
system. In reality, zram for swap will give you most of the benefit. The
big thing is going to be 0-filled pages, and as they are likely to never
be accessed, they'll get swapped out first, and zram will just throw
them away.

AC100 Team, which is an answer contact for AC100_enablement.