Re: Ubuntu 12.10 upgrade or fresh installation?

Hi,

For a fresh install, at least a few days back, the daily installer was broken, but Beta-2 works.

It can be quite a hassle to upgrade as you need to move to lubuntu, so installing at least lubuntu-core will pull in the necessary packages before the upgrade, and allows you to select the appropriate desktop at the login screen. Getting rid of all the unnecessary stuff is another story, as is enabling all the lubuntu artwork throughout. Ultimately, I would like to see someone provide a one-liner that we can put on the wiki for people to switch between different desktop oriented distributions.

I am now running nvidia-tegra, and although it seems stable, there are some rendering errors (the window controls disappear, etc.) and unity still does not seem to work with it. I think there is a slight performance benefit though. I have not yet tested video playback.

Hope this helps,
Johan