Re: Accelerated Scaling with Tegra Binary Driver

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:00:14 +0200, Marc Dietrich <marvin24@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag, 27. September 2013, 08:56:47 schrieb Gordan Bobic:
 I'm not having much luck with video playback performance
 using the Tegra binary driver. Without scaling things
 work OK. Scaling up results in quite awful frame skipping.

 mplayer I built defaults to -vo xv xv after complaining
 that there is no vdpau_nvidia.so (is there such a thing
 for soft-float ARM for Tegra?). This gets things to the
 correct aspect ratio, but fullscreening slows down
 dramatically. Using -vo x11 doesn't scale at all,
 resulting in distortion due to aspect ratio.

 -vo gl and -vo gl2 produce one frame every 10 seconds or
 so - I'd have expected this to work since the Tegra
 driver does provide a GLES implementation which I would
 expect to be sufficient for something as simple as
 texture tiling/stretching.

 Has anybody got this working passably well?

AFAIK, xv is not supported. Video decode goes via
gstreamer/openmax only.

That rings a bell from an IRC conversation ages ago.

Did anyone ever get this working?

https://gitorious.org/ac100/mplayer-omx/source/d83d4f48444c51c36ee9cd86f895c976d5825875:

I'm starting to form the opinion that the Tegra binary
driver isn't all that useful vs. the 62MB RAM tradeoff.
The things that it is supposed to help with tend not to
work without jumping through an awful lot of hoops.

Gordan