acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: microphone support

I'm using a 4810T with Debian. I just started alsamixer, and hit the
"F5" key to show all the controls.

The "Input Source" item has two options: "Front Mic" and "Int Mic".
Using headphones, I can hear tapping on the external microphone on both
input source settings. I can't hear anything on either input source
setting when tapping on the internal microphone.

Note that there are also "Front Mic" and "Front Mic Boost" items, which
work on the external microphone. I don't see any corresponding items for
"Int Mic".

I would say that you should submit a bug report, maybe for the alsa-base
package.

PS: Is this mailing list configured correctly? When I reply, the "To:"
header contains the original sender's address, I would expect the
mailing list's submit address.

--
Anthony Carrico