acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Aspire 3410T - HDMI works perfectly, pictures and sound

I've not tried Karmic but i'm instead running Jaunty on a 4810T and I found
that after plugging a HDMI cable in to a 40" Samsung I had to configure the
display and it asked me to set a Virtual Resolution and log out. After
logging in the TV had the correct 1080 resolution but the monitor resolution
changed to 6??x4??? and the best way to clear it (after watching a film :)
was  to delete the XOrg as the desktop was unusable (oversize/non-resizable
dialogs) in getting back to the normal resolution of 1440x900.

So does Karmic change the need for a Virtual Resolution file (xorg.conf) or
is the 3410 just that much better? You also mention the video playing
smoothly with sound - Was that audio over HDMI as I didn't get that either.

Regards,
Nick