acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Compile a Kernel

Hugo Cibrao schrieb:
I just installed Fedora Core 12 which uses Kernel 2.6.31

Amazingly enough, everything works fine right out of the box, webcam included. I am really surprised, I'll give you that. I'm even more surprised that flash video works better in Linux then it does in Windows (I have a 3810TZ). Suspending and resuming works flawlessly.

I (now) got a 3810tz as well; I'm with Ubuntu 9.10. Webcam works, but I haven't really tested suspending and stuff. I'm interested in your comment about flash, because my experience was quite the opposite. It worked better in Windows 7 64 bit with Internet Explorer than it does now with Ubuntu, Firefox and the 64 bit alpha version of the flash plugin. It seemed to me that Windows managed to employ both cores to 100% whereas Ubuntu doesn't. What browser and which flash plugin do you use? Do you use the 32 bit version, is it faster than the 64 bit alpha version (which seems to work reasonably well otherwise, for me)?

Burkhard