acertimeline team mailing list archive

Debian on 3810T

Hey guys!

I want to install Debian on my Acer 3810T, and I'm having problems. It looks
like network hardware (both, ethernet and wireless) doesn't work with stable
versions. The hardware is compatible with unstable installer, so I created a
bootable netboot installer in a usb stick (my laptop does not have a cd/dvd
device), and I tried to install with it. While the installer does recognize
the hardware, I can't get the network working. The installer warns that my
network doesn't support dhcp (which is false), and it doesn't work if I set
up the network manually. Same happens for both adapters.

I have Ubuntu currently installed, and the network works (more or less)
well.

Does anyone experienced the same problem, or does anyone know a better way
to install Debian on this laptop?

Thank you so much,
  Marc

Follow ups