acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Debian on 3810T

I had a similar problem when I tried to install Debian from the network. I
don't think Debian ships with the network drivers that are required for the
Timeline series (non-free drivers, or something), which sadly makes the
network install moot. I'm not totally sure, though. Debian has a wiki page
here: http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Acer/Aspire_Timeline_4810T.
>From what I see, you need an internet connection to solve the problem. You
could load the drivers onto a flash drive from another computer and then
install them in debian, possibly. You would probably need a full system for
that, though.