acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: TG models vga_switcheroo

Am 14.03.2010 11:16, schrieb Albert Vilella:
can you create a bug report with:

apport-bug linux-image-generic

and attach the following info:

dmesg>  dmesg.log
sudo lspci -vvnn>  lspci.vvnn.txt
cat /proc/version>  proc.version.txt
uname -a>  uname.txt
lsmod>  lsmod.txt
sudo dmidecode>  dmidecode.txt
/var/log/syslog
/var/log/kern.log.0
/var/log/kern.log

please reply with the bug url.

Cheers,

Albert.

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Alexander Simon<simon_alex@xxxxxx>  wrote:
Me too. Patched and compiled with different kernel versions. No debug entry.

Alex

Am Samstag, 13. März 2010 21:02:49 schrieb Thomas Martitz:
Okay, I couldn't resist. I compiled -rc1 today. Unfortunately I don't
have the vgaswitcheroo directory in /sys/kernel/debug, and hence no way
to switch the cards, apparently.

Ah, we're stupid. We didn't get the debug entry because we have nomodeset in the kernel command line which was suggested to fix the too few backlight levels.

Without nomodeset, I get the debug entry. Unfortunately booting is strange. It looks like it would freeze, but if you wait long enough it boots anyway. This is caused by radeon kms, i.e. radeon.modeset=0 fixes the strange booting (but then of course the vgaswitcheroo entry disappears again).

Best regards.