acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: SPDIF with 2.6.31-20

I looked at alsa-base.conf and found the following line:
options snd-hda-intel power_save=10 power_save_controller=N
which I guess comes with 9.10 default.  I removed that line and now everything
seem to work fine.

I guess the "power_save function" shuts down the S/PDIF somehow, I will have
to dig deeper into that later. Right now Im happy having my spdif back.

On my computer my speakers get muted when I plug in the S/PDIF connector,
which is the way I want it to be.

Thanks you Enrique for the hint about alsa-base.conf

//Marcus