acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Problem AS5745G (timelinex 4820TG)

Ciao, Diego!

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 00:55, Diego Veri' <solidboss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of the problem is that the state of battery is unrecognized, and
> Ubuntu show always the battery fully charged (100%) and always connected
> to the power.
> Can you help me?

I opened Launchpad bug #578894 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/578894) for
that, which is now in progress, with good hopes that it will be fixed soon.
I'd suggest that you subscribe to it.

In the meanwhile, the forum thread at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1495123 has useful indications for
your 4820TG, including packaged for a patched 2.6.34 kernel fixing this
issue and also providing support for switching between the integrated and
discrete video cards (links in post #38).

I'm using those kernel packages and, apart from seeing a lot of (harmless)
messages at shutdown, everything works well.

Good luck!

Tommaso