acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: No WiFi after upgrade to 12.04

On 29.03.2012 14:09, Albert Vilella wrote:
Heh :-)

It's always a balance between time and money for people... clearly you
decided so much time wasn't worth the price of buying another card :-p

My hearty recommendation is for you to take the Broadcom wifi card out,
stomp it with a hammer and replace with an Atheros or Intel. It is insane
how much of my life I had to waste in the 2.6.38 - 3.0 kernel version range
trying to fight kernel panics on system resume.

I simply didn't know better at the time. Nothing has ever failed me quite so miserably either, so lacking that past experience kept the optimism going (some magic set of kernel parameters could work, some kernel patches the devs came up with, etc etc)..