acmeattic-devel team mailing list archive

Interesting reads

>From reading the write-ups on spideroak and boxbackup site, it sounds like
we are on the right track in data
security front.
Regarding versioning, all the client softwares seem to send the differences
to the server in encrypted form. This is
in support of Adi's idea of using binary diff algorithms to update server's
copy of file without decrypting it.
Another aspect of storage we need to decide is whether we are going to
economise space by storing only one copy
of duplicate files? (like boxbackup does)

So here is the latest and greatest of the current technology in online