acmeattic-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Blueprint] AA should use Python 2.7

I am cool with developing using a new version of Python. Couple of
questions:

   - I am sure this is going to be released with the next version of the
   distros. But, is this going to be an update for current distros? Eg: Would
   Fedora 13, Lucid Lynx get Python 2.7 soon?
   - I have not had a chance to get a tarball. What are its dependencies -
   supposing a user needs to backport?

I think by the time we get to a stable release, Python 2.7 would be well
into many servers. Lets hope for that. I still see many INSTALL.txts with
requirements of Python 2.4 (and not 2.6)

Karthik

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Aditya Manthramurthy <aditya.mmy@xxxxxxxxx