aide team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #696295]: openjdk8 eol & ubuntu pro

Question #696295 on openjdk-8 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-8/+question/696295

actionparsnip posted a new comment:
>From Google Translate

Hello,

I'm wondering about Java OpenJDK 8 end of support on Ubuntu.
Indeed, Canonical announced the end of support in 04/2021 https://ubuntu.com/blog/announcing-openjdk-11-packages-in-ubuntu-18-04-lts

I find this amazing strategy of only supporting the latest LTS OpenJDK 11 version; especially since the openjdk8 project is supported until 2026.
It is the only distribution that forces the migration to OpenJDK 11; which seems surprising for an LTS.

Do you know if Ubuntu Pro support allows you to benefit from 10 year extended support for OpenJDK 8?
Does Canonical plan to review its strategy?

Thank you

--
You received this question notification because your team Communauté
d'aide d'Ubuntu en Français is an answer contact for Ubuntu.