asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

brightness controls not working

I'm trying to get the brightness controls to work, but the hot keys don't respond any more.
They used to trigger the brightness notification and do not change brightness until the next reboot, now they just don't respond.I found that these commands are the only ones that actually work for me to change brightness:
setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.B=XX
with XX between 00 and FF
The only hint I found as to what is going on is the following line in dmesg:
[   19.558700] asus_laptop: Brightness ignored, must be controlled by ACPI video driver

Any suggestions?