asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Can we convert to a wiki format

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 15:35 -0400, Prof. John C Nash wrote:
> While I believe this is a very useful resource, it has many bugs and omissions. Can we
> convert it to a wiki format, either here or elsewhere?

Actually, there is already a wiki page dedicated to UL30A:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/AsusUL30A

> - the touchpad issue is a real nasty one. I've found and modified a tool to turn it off,
> and could simplify the setup for other users.

If you are interested, I wrote evdaemon
( http://codegrove.org/evdaemon/ ) to kill the pain with the touchpad
( it can also act as syndaemon for event devices in general). Because
manually switching on/off the touchpad was not an option for me, I wrote
evdaemon to switch on/off event devices during keyboard activity. It's
Ubuntu-packaged in my PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~tuos/+archive/codegrove

There is also a gui-tool for configuring the daemon:
http://codegrove.org/evdaemon-admin/

It has helped at least me and couple of my friends in this pain.

--
Tuomas