asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Evdaemon at boot time

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 21:06 -0400, Cristiano Moraes wrote:
> Hmmm... That's weird. Evdaemon only works for me when I call 'evdaemon
> --daemon' in the terminal. So, I have to see what is going wrong.

How did you install it? If you installed the deb-package, it should be
configured to start during the boot by default.
See /etc/init/evdaemon.conf
It's handled by Upstart, see man init.

Following commands can be used to command Upstart to play with evdaemon:
status evdaemon
start evdaemon
stop evdaemon

These commands can also be used via evdaemon-admin gui, found from
System->Preferences if evdaemon-admin is installed.

Installing from my PPA or the deb-package is recommended, see
http://codegrove.org/evdaemon/#ubuntu . If you built and installed it
manually from the source package, then you need to configure init on
your own.

--
Tuomas