asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

general question about touchpad drivers Re: Evdaemon at boot time

Hi all,

A general question to the list, since there is people here that have
investigated the issue in depth:

Why is this specific touchpad not properly recognised in Linux? Is it
because it's (a) a completely different
type of hardware that needs drivers written from scratch or (b) a
modification of existing hardware that
needs existing drivers to be extended?

Any links to interesting information about this issue?

Cheers,

Albert.