asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: nvidia graphics drivers ul30vt model. confirmation?

Works for me too on UL30VT running Fedora 12.

It seems that turning SATA operation mode to compatible
completely disables the Intel card, as it is no more listed
by lspci.

To revert to the intel card it is not necessary to remove the nvidia driver,
you have to:
- turn SATA mode to enhanced
- remove the libGL provided by nvidia from available bindings:
    $ ldconfig -p | grep "libGL\."
        libGL.so.1 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/nvidia/libGL.so.1
        libGL.so.1 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1
simply comment the line "/usr/lib64/nvidia" in your /etc/ld.so.conf
and run "ldconfig" as root
- comment or remove the following line from your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
      ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"