asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: No Touchpad tab in mouse preferences

Yes, after building a kernel with Florian's patches to enable the elantech driver (found them through https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/512192), the touchpad tab appears for me in the mouse preferences.

I am running ubuntu 10.04 amd64, my kernel is 2.6.34-rc4 (from Linus's git). It's subjective, but I feel like the touchpad is much better, not perfect, but there are far fewer spurious taps etc.

-- Buck