asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Asus UL30A - Ubuntu 10.04 - Function Keys

Greetings all,

Just got my UL30Vt today and have been trying to get things working. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that many of the 9.10 fixes no longer work on Lucid.

To stay on topic I'm just going to discuss the windows brightness keys. If you have different experience please answer all the questions so we can figure out exactly what works and what doesn't.

Laptop: UL30Vt (the one with the intel gpu and nvidia).

Using the Intel GPU.

Sata compatibility mode = Enhanced

Does the Fn - F5 and FN - F6 produce the alpha blended brightness dialog: Yes.

Does it actually change the brightness:  No.

Does the Fn - F7 blank screen work:  Yes.

Did you use the:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_backlight=vendor"
update-grub

I tried both, if I do the system boots up with a very dim (but unchangeable brightness). If I don't it boots up with a bright screen (but unchangeable).

I'm running the 2.6.34 kernel from ppa:
2.6.34-020634rc6-generic #020634rc6 SMP Fri Apr 30 09:08:46 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Does anyone have the keyboard brightness working on the UL30Vt?