asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Asus UL30Jt

I have run Ubuntu 10.04 on my UL30JT, and everything works well except:

* The webcam shows the picture upside-down in skype

* The Nvidia video card is not fully powered-down so the battery
  time is 3 -4 hours only, compared to 6 - 7 for windows.

There might be fixes for these two issues, since they have been discussed
in other forums. Screen brightness, wifi, sound and bluetooth works very
well though, without any specific patches. I have not tried the HDMI connector
so there might still be problems lurking ...

Jiri.