asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Power Usage

A side note on power usage on the UL30. I have a UL30-A5K, without the
second graphics unit but only the Intel 4500. However, I replaced the
hard disk with a Seagate 7200 rpm hybrid drive that also has a 4 GB
SSD component embedded. That is *much* faster than the 5400 rpm stock
Hitachi (which I have in an external case for backup purposes)--but it
does use more power.

A few minutes ago, I had the WIFI on, Ktorrent both downloading and
uploading files, Google Chrome running with a half dozen windows open,
and a video playing on VLC--and when I disconnected the AC power and
checked with Powertop, it was using 10.4 watts. Powertop also
estimated a remaining time on battery of 5.6 hours (the battery was
full at the time).

David