asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Audio problems on UL30A with maverick

Hi, I've got a UL20FT, so I don't know if this applies to you, but the
only way I got both video and audio working correctly (so far, I
haven't checked HDMI) was by upgrading to the latest maverick
kernel, installing linux-backports-modules-alsa-maverick-generic, adding
the repository ppa:ricotz/unstable and upgrading the alsa libs.
I also needed to add "options snd-hda-intel model=auto" (without the
quotes) to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf. I hope that helps.