asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Audio problems on UL30A with maverick

Thanks for the detailed post - unfortunately I've had no luck after
duplicating your procedure. It *seems* like the sound glitches may be
happening less frequently, but it's hard to tell, and they are
definitely still occurring.

One thing I forgot to put in my original message was that this problem
also happens when I use pulseaudio to send sound from my UL30A through
to a desktop PC for output. I'm not sure exactly on how pulseaudio works
with network streaming, but my hunch is that since it's exhibiting the
same problem *without* using the local sound card, it's probably not a
bug in alsa but rather something in pulseaudio or elsewhere in the
system which is triggering this.

Possibly this is LP bug #545065, but someone there reports that the
ricotz ppa fixes the problem, which isn't the case for me.

Also, to answer an earlier question, I'm using the 64bit version. Time
to dig a bit deeper! :)

Regards,

Nyall