audio-recorder team mailing list archive

Re: Problem: Doesn't record the output from specific programs.

Olá Steve,

I hope it's OK to send your question to the team's mailing list (
audio-recorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Audio-recorder cannot record directly from a specific program or
application. It always records from a device (like; audio card with
loudspeakers, webcams and microphones)
For example, it records everything that comes out from the loudspeakers
(Skype conversation,  Music from a media player, alert messages, etc.).
Audio-recorder only sees and understands audio devices, not applications
themselves.

I think you have added BOTH audio card/loudspeaker AND microphone to the
device list of Mediaplayers (in Additional settings --> Device settings
tab).
I recommend you to run --reset to clear and remove those settings and other
options (have a pure, clean start).

In a terminal window, run (execute o comando à seguir no terminal):
$ audio-recorder --reset

Then keep the Additional settings --> Device settings tab clean.
Audio-recorder will in most cases automatically find the default output
device (that is: audio card and loudspeakers).  You do not have to assign
it manually.

It would be fantástico if audio-recorder could record from a spesific
program and application directly.  But I do not think the Gstreamer
framework allows this.

*Notice:*  You can learn a great deal of Gstreamer pipelines and Audio
devices by studying the sample of:
Additional settings -->  Recording Commands tab --> [Show Cmd] button.
Read the text.... and run the give Gstreamer command in a terminal window
to learn more.

Obrigado pela sua pergunta Steve!
  Osmo Antero
  Palmela, Portugal

--
Sent from my PC, laptop or phone with Ubuntu-Linux.