audio-recorder team mailing list archive

Re: Please Help - Audio-Recorder Failed Installation

Hello,

Hello Joe,
,
1) Maybe you are running LinuxMint that is based on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)
or older Ubuntu versions.
*You just added a repository that has packages for Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) only
!*
It does not have other packages..

You error messsage is this:
Failed to fetch
http://ppa.launchpad.net/audio-recorder/ppa/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/source/Sources
404  Not Found

Please check what Ubuntu-version your Mint is based on.
Ref: http://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php
Ref: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevelopmentCodeNames

Do this:

* Remove the new PPA from your system.
https://launchpad.net/~audio-recorder/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:audio-recorder/ppa

* Then add this older PPA (package archive). It has packages for Ubuntu
15.04, 14.10, 14.04 and older versions.

https://launchpad.net/~osmoma/+archive/audio-recorder

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:osmoma/audio-recorder

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --reinstall audio-recorder

2) I have also seen this error message in Linux Mint.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/audio-recorder/+bug/1478417

*Please upgrade to newer Ubuntu or Mint version if possible.*

Boa noite (good night) e boa sorte.
Osmo Antero,
Palmela, Portugal.