audio-recorder team mailing list archive

Re: Audio-recorder: Metadata problem: Length of audio recording is not always correct

Hello,
You have an interesting issue.

Audio-recorder uses Gstreamer and Gstreamer pipelines to do the recording
job. We have to  debug the actual pipeline and check what causes the wrong
time length.

1) Let us get & reveal the Gstreamer pipeline. Do this:
Start audio-recorder and goto [Additional settings] dialog.  Then select
the "Recording commands" tab.
Then click the [Show Cmd] button to reveal the Gstreamer pipeline
(recording command).

2) Start a gnome-terminal window (press Cntrl + T) and copy/paste the
Gstreamer pipeline to the terminal window.
You may need to install the "gstreamer1.0-tools" package first.
$ sudo apt install gstreamer1.0-tools

Play some music and test the pipeline. Replay and check the resulting
output file.

We must find out where and why the Gstreamer pipeline fails to set right
time and length.

Tell about your findings.

//Osmo Moma Antero