audio-recorder team mailing list archive

Re: Audio-recorder: Metadata problem: Length of audio recording is not always correct

Re-hello,

Yes, the debug info shows that one of the Yvonne`s songs has a peculiar and
long title.

The first version of the song has a very long filename with special
characters like "()[]".
Its title is: "If I Can't Have You (Originally Performed by Yvonne Elliman)
[Karaoke Version]".
See the "*xesam:title" *tag below.

Audio-recorder thinks that this is not a valid song title.

Debug info from dbus-mpris2.c module:

Metdata key "mpris:trackid" has type:s and
value:'spotify:track:1H7ZHs5m4YnN8fZ9e47H8i'
Metdata key "mpris:length" has type:t and value:uint64 200785000
Metdata key "mpris:artUrl" has type:s and value:'
https://open.spotify.com/image/7fba57d7a4de4d20fec9b24d5b2e578db3af80c5'
Metdata key "xesam:album" has type:s and value:"The Karaoke Channel - Sing
If I Can't Have You Like Yvonne Elliman"
Metdata key "xesam:albumArtist" has type:as and value:['The Karaoke
Channel']
Metdata key "xesam:artist" has type:as and value:['The Karaoke Channel']
Metdata key "xesam:autoRating" has type:d and value:0.0
Metdata key "xesam:discNumber" has type:i and value:1
Metdata key "*xesam:title*" has type:s and value:"If I Can't Have You
(Originally Performed by Yvonne Elliman) [Karaoke Version]"
Metdata key "xesam:trackNumber" has type:i and value:1
Metdata key "xesam:url" has type:s and value:'
https://open.spotify.com/track/1H7ZHs5m4YnN8fZ9e47H8i'
----------------------------

The other version Yvonne`s song produces a valid filename.
Its title is: "If I Can't Have You".
See the "*xesam:title" *tag below.

Debug info from dbus-mpris2.c module:

Metdata key "mpris:trackid" has type:s and
value:'spotify:track:0WLJgHmiCindTn3QMjyzg6'
Metdata key "mpris:length" has type:t and value:uint64 179471000
Metdata key "mpris:artUrl" has type:s and value:'
https://open.spotify.com/image/7fba57d7a4de4d20fec9b24d5b2e578db3af80c5'
Metdata key "xesam:album" has type:s and value:"The Karaoke Channel - Sing
If I Can't Have You Like Yvonne Elliman"
Metdata key "xesam:albumArtist" has type:as and value:['The Karaoke
Channel']
Metdata key "xesam:artist" has type:as and value:['The Karaoke Channel']
Metdata key "xesam:autoRating" has type:d and value:0.0
Metdata key "xesam:discNumber" has type:i and value:1
Metdata key "*xesam:title*" has type:s and value:"If I Can't Have You"
Metdata key "xesam:trackNumber" has type:i and value:2
Metdata key "xesam:url" has type:s and value:'
https://open.spotify.com/track/0WLJgHmiCindTn3QMjyzg6'

Albert-Jan, what do you suggest we do with the long title?
How can we produce a valid song title from it.
Should we simply skip the special characters like ()[] and use the result?

Até logo.
Cumprimentos
Osmo Antero
Portugal