awn-core team mailing list archive

Awn 0.4.2

Hey guys,

the original plan was to release Awn 0.4.2 soon after 0.4.0, with the only addition of official support for multiple panels, but since then a lot has happened - trunk has already the awesome Lucido style, rewritten 3d style, Docky moved all their helpers to the API we have, so here's what I propose - let's release 0.4.2 in time for Maverick (which means we have about a month to do it), based on current trunk and these features:
* full support for multiple panels
  - requires merging some stuff from my 0.6 branch (mhr3)
  - work on awn-settings (anyone?)
  - taskmanager's intellihide support for more than one panel (moonbeam?)
* support for Docky's helpers
- I started to write a daemon that runs the helpers and also a configuration GUI to manage it @ lp:dockmanager, it needs more work - ultimately the config GUI would be embeddable to awn-settings via XEmbed, anyone wants to finish it? I'm not sure I'll have time for it (anyone?) - needs also small changes in taskmanager (just start the service via dbus if it's available) (moonbeam?)

* we should also fix the critical issues in lda
  - the problem with keyfile backend and lists (malept?)
  - are there any more critical issues?

That's all I'd like to see in 0.4.2, I think that any other new features should be postponed for future releases, comments? Of course general bug-fixing is always welcome...

Cheers,
mhr3

Follow ups