banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

banking-addons general directions

Hi list,

I'm getting more and more interested in the banking addons and, more
important, we will hopefully soon have customers with similar requirements
and therefore the possibility to contribute some features or enhancements.

Now I'm trying to find my way and I thought you might help me choose the
right path. Would you mind looking into a few questions?

When I tried to use the sepa credit transfer module last month (using
lp:~therp-nl/banking-addons/ba7.0-future), I noticed it pulled dependencies
which modified the behaviour of bank statements. In my case, it was a show
stopper, since I was using other bank statement related modules which were
incompatible.

So my first question is: is there any particular reason that payment and
bank statements are tied together? Would it be a good idea to somehow split
 the account_banking module in two parts: one for payment and one for bank
statements?

My second question is related to bank statements. We are considering
implementing Belgium CODA bank statement support in banking-addons to
benefit from advanced reconciliation features for e-commerce (at this
stage, both banking-addons-70 and bank-statement-reconcile-70 are
apparently incompatible with the official l10n_be_coda).

To implement such a CODA parser, I have difficulties to chose between the
banking-addons approach and the bank-statement-reconcile way. I understand
both approaches are incompatible? Is that correct? I also understand there
are also longer terms goals of merging them. Are there already any concrete
plan in this regard?

Finally, I saw in OpenDays slides that OpenERP SA has plans to improve
banking support in v8. Is there any relationship with the banking-addons
efforts, and does one influence the other?

Overall, I'm trying to better understand the landscape and go in the right
direction when we (hopefully soon) have the opportunity to contribute.

Best regards,

-sbi

Follow ups