banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: banking refactoring next step : batch reconcile topic

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Frédéric Clementi <
frederic.clementi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The answer is functionnaly yes but technically no : Performance of odoo
> does not allows this. (too many reconcile, too many entries to handle).
>
> So I am convince that we need a new object to handle (big) payment batches
> (hunderds/thousands).
>
> Do you face similare issue ?
> Do you have ideas to overcome this ?

We also believe the performance to post an entry is an issue.

However I am not yet convinced it must be solved at the level of bank
statement.
I think we should first investigate why it is so slow and see if it can be
fixed at that level. That would benefits many other processes (such as real
time stock valuation or mass posting).

We have not had the chance to do this profiling, though.

Best regards,

-sbi