banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: eCommerce reconciliation [Was: Banking addons guidelines for 8.0 - a proposal]

My 2 cents:

>>> 1. when requesting the payment of the invoice to the electronic payment company, create a move to a transfer account and reconcile the invoice (N)

Agree. The ‘transaction identifier’ of the payment should be stored in the account.move.line of the transfer account to allow reconciliation later on with the details in the statement from your bank or the payment card company.

>>> 2. when receiving the bank statement for eg a batch of VISA payments, create a move from the bank account to the transfer account (1); we typically have one per day per card type

Not always true. Several banks give all details in their electronic bank statements, hence no need for step 3 and 4.

Because of this, it is in my opinion easier to use the bank statement as an object to load not only bank statements but also for importing statements from e.g. VISA, Atos Worldline since the same logic is required.

>>> 3 & 4

Can be skipped if sufficient details are available in the electronic bank statement, if not an import of the Card Company statements Is indeed needed.

Concerning the matching/reconciliation of the statement lines with the transfer account move lines created in step 1, there are several techniques that we have used in the past.

Technique 1 reconcile during import via standard ORM methods (slow hence can’t be used for high volume).

Technique 2 is to bypass standard ORM methods so that reconciliation during statement import becomes acceptable.

Technique 3 is an ir_cron job running ‘standard’ (and hence unperformant) ORM method to created reconciled accounting entries on the transfer account.

Regards,

Luc

 <http://www.noviat.com/> www.noviat.com

Rusatiralaan 1, 1083 Brussel