banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: eCommerce reconciliation [Was: Banking addons guidelines for 8.0 - a proposal]

Hi Luc,

Thanks for the feedback, In-line:

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Luc De Meyer <luc.demeyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> My 2 cents:

> payment company, create a move to a transfer account and reconcile the
> invoice (N)
>
> Agree. The ‘transaction identifier’ of the payment should be stored in the
> account.move.line of the transfer account to allow reconciliation later on
> with the details in the statement from your bank or the payment card
> company.

=> We do it this way as well in v7. The field name is transaction_ref (or
ID I don't remember). It's already done in banking-addons.

> create a move from the bank account to the transfer account (1); we
> typically have one per day per card type
>

> Not always true. Several banks give all details in their electronic bank
> statements, hence no need for step 3 and 4.
>
> Because of this, it is in my opinion easier to use the bank statement as
> an object to load not only bank statements but also for importing
> statements from e.g. VISA, Atos Worldline since the same logic is required.

=> This is what we've done, but it creates lots of move in the accouting.
Moreover, even if several banks give details in their electronic bank
statement, you have more frequently the info from the financial institute
first. For example, Atos will confirm you the payment before you receive it
in your bank. This info is useful to starts deliver the orders. If we
import the payment confirmation in a new object, we'll have the info at the
proper time, not waiting on banks confirmation.

> Can be skipped if sufficient details are available in the electronic bank
> statement, if not an import of the Card Company statements Is indeed needed.

=> See my point above

> Concerning the matching/reconciliation of the statement lines with the
> transfer account move lines created in step 1, there are several techniques
> that we have used in the past.
>
> Technique 1 reconcile during import via standard ORM methods (slow hence
> can’t be used for high volume).

=> Too slow indeed

> Technique 2 is to bypass standard ORM methods so that reconciliation
> during statement import becomes acceptable.

=> Yes, but then you break the system as you skip the ORM. If another
module used one of the method called by the ORM, and you use SQL... You'll
have trouble. I can't leave with this on my side.

> Technique 3 is an ir_cron job running ‘standard’ (and hence unperformant)
> ORM method to created reconciled accounting entries on the transfer account.

=> We used to do that in extreme cases. It works, but I think we can do
better.

So in the end, I keep trusting the "new" idea I suggested using a new
object Batch Line to link the payment confirmation, the invoice, and the
amount received in the bank. This way, you'll have no more perf trouble, no
more thousands of entries in the accounting.

Bet regards,

Joël

--

*camptocamp*