bashareteam team mailing list archive

Re: Removing the compiled .mo translation files from version control...

Yeah, .mo are necessary if you want to have the application
translated, because the app uses the .mo (and not the .po).
However, we can not have those .mo files in the source code repository
because they automatically get out of sync each time someone
translates or changes a string. And I think that it would be really
confusing to see that the .po file has a new translation, but that the
old translation still appears in the program. If we have something in
the repository, it must be accurate and up to date. And I am not going
to manually compile each language after each automatic import... ;)

We need to remove those .mo, and find how we can add the script into
./configure, so that it automatically compiles the translations when
you compile the program.
Because now I have doubts about the RCs that we made, how can we be
sure that the most recent .mo files were included, and not older ones?
For example, if you created a new package right now, you would have
invalid translations for the last automatic committed languages...