bashareteam team mailing list archive

Re: Thanks for translating BaShare!

Hey nafterburner,

Thanks for your feedback! Don't worry, I also usually write long mails!

> I translated 99% and now I`m stuck .. the thing is in this sntence: "Most
> routers have the capacity to open ports using the UPnP technology" my
> opinion is that it should sound something more like this: "Most routers have
> the posibility(not capacity) to open ports using the UPnP technology" .. but
> I don`t dare to change meaning .. but then again the sentence translated on
> Croatian have no meaning if it is about the word "capacity".

I am transferring this mail to the developer's mailing list, and
especially to Guido. I indeed think that it would be best to change
the word "capacity" to "possibility". In Latin languages, such as
Italian and French, capacity can be used in this sense, but in English
the main meaning is different, cf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacity

Guido, what do you think about changing this word?