bazel-team team mailing list archive

Re: Bazel build issue on RISC-V

Hello Olek!

On 12/28/20 6:09 PM, Olek Wojnar wrote:
> I'm seeing a build failure for the latest bazel-bootstrap package on
> RISC-V. [1] It seems to be timing out. It previously failed when it ran out
> of memory so I increased it with 'javac -J-Xmx512m`. This may or may not be
> related to similar indications on mips64el.
>
> Although neither architecture is officially supported upstream, I would
> love to see this build system available in Debian on as many architectures
> as possible. Especially since a number of upstream projects are beginning
> to use it. I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why Bazel is deactivated for so many
architectures? If the build system wants to be popular, it should be
excluding so many architectures.

It seems you have limited the build to 64-bit architectures.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxx