bazel-team team mailing list archive

Re: Bazel Removal from Debian

Hi hc,

Thanks for helping to start the conversation!

On February 21, 2023 2:38:14 PM UTC, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>If the test passes regularly, and just sometimes fails under the same conditions, I would consider disabling it in autopkgtest rather than have it not make it into bookworm.  The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Unfortunately, the test fails pretty regularly now. This behavior started when we moved to OpenJDK17. That makes sense since 'UseParallelOldGC' was valid prior to that.

I *have* temporarily disabled the Java tests [1]. As you said, to not hold back the package due to a possibly flaky test. But my concern is that this is actually an issue with how Bazel uses Java rather than a flaky test. Again, I'd be happy to be wrong about that. :)

-Olek

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/bazel-team/bazel-bootstrap/-/commit/1c90621d7b9b5d44d01b91dabb04645a20273ca8