bazel-team team mailing list archive

Re: reply: Bazel Removal from Debian

Hi sun min,

On 2/21/23 10:15, sun min wrote:
The maintainer added a “-XX:+UseParallelGC” for garbge collectors param(target jdk16+) which can boost build performance for about 30% compared with the default GC param “-XX:+UseG1GC”[1].

I added that in an attempt to override the incorrect flag, but instead they are both emitted which still causes the error.

Besides, if it’s possible to downgrade jdk target version to be more compatible with those GC features.

That's a great idea! Unfortunately, it looks like JDK 17 is the only one available in bookworm and it is no longer compatible with 'UseParallelOldGC' so I don't think that we really have any alternatives...

-Olek