brainstorm-dev team mailing list archive

Re: How to change front page to Latest Ideas

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Edward Quick <edwardquick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using the brainstorm trunk branch code from August 18th 2008, and have
> > this set up and running well. I want to be able to change the front page
> > from Most popular ideas today, to Latest Ideas instead. Could anyone tell me
> > how to do this please?
>
> Hey,
>
> The answer you got yesterday from IRC is still valid : unless you
> change to the latest stable code, where it is configurable, your only
> solution is to hack the code. Not that much to change, the file you
> are looking for is /code/modules/qapoll/controller.php.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolas

OK, here goes my solution. In controller.php, I added the line $filter["ordering"] = new; as the default value, to give me latest comments:

                       case "latest_comments":
                        case "most_popular_ever":
                                //If search, give the search parameters, and use the search result template.
                                $filter = array();
                                $filter["ordering"] = "new";            // <-- new line here
                                $viewOptions = array();

Then updated the urls in table  qapoll_entry_point_menu_entry, so that:

Latest ideas                      =>  /
Most popular ideas today   =>  /most_popular_today/

That was it. Thanks for your help Nicolas.

Ed.

Discover Bird's Eye View now with Multimap from Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354026/direct/01/