brewtarget-devs team mailing list archive

Testing

The short and sweet is that we really need to develop a testing procedure
to make certain we have tested all our operating systems before a release.
You can see the reasons for this conclusion in my epic reply on
hbt.comexplaining why none of our Windows users are getting their
databases
imported. If any one of us (myself very strongly included) had even done
basic testing on Windows, we would have logged this problem and fixed it.

I can't fix the mistakes I've made, but I can try to design the process
such that it doesn't happen again. So does anybody have a decent suggestion
for how to make sure we test properly before release? All I can think of is
documenting some number of steps in a spreadsheet and doing a simple
checklist on each OS to verify that we have tested.

Mik

--
In a world of ninja v. pirate, I pilot a Gundam

Follow ups